Saturday, March 3, 2007

"Procrastination," n. :

I'm embarking on a great adventure, a foray into the unknown, boldly stepping into the great wide land of... the Statement of Purpose. Having had a chat about Finances with the pops, who went into hypersupport overdrive, I have decided to apply to that dream of an M.A. program in the UK. Those affable Brits don't even want to make me take nasty tests, or submit a writing sample, or even pay an application fee.

I have a Word document of some five single-spaced pages, which is mostly just the splatter-effect of a few attempts at careful thought. My brain feels rusty, poisoned, and a wee bit squished (thanks, loud French dyke bar), I have no idea how to proceed, and in short -- I'm a little scared.

So to lighten the mood:

NYT: Switzerland Accidentally Invades Liechtenstein.

... Switzerland has an army? Who knew.

No comments: